- Mix flour, salt and pepper together. Then, dredge the chicken lightly in the flour.
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 5 minutes per side then set the chicken aside on a plate.
- Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the pan. Add a little oil to the pan if necessary. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Check seasoning, add more if needed.
- Add the wine to the pot and cook it until it reduces by half, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, capers, chicken broth, and oregano.
- Return the chicken to the pan and cover with the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook the chicken for about 20-30 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove the chicken with tongs and place on a platter.
- If necessary, cook the sauce longer to thicken it. Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with basil.
- Serve on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 12 g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|