How to Print a Recipe On This Page
How To Print The Recipes:
1. Highlight the photo and text you want to print
2. Right click on the highlighted area and select Print
3. When the print dialogue opens you should see only what you selected to print. If not, cancel and go back and try again.
4. Print your selection
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Lager Molasses Steak Sauce
Makes 2 1/2 cups
Keeps in the fridge a few weeks
· 1 tbsp (15 ml) dry mustard powder (such as Keens)
· 2 tsp (10 ml) cold water
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 medium onion, finely diced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 2 cups (500 ml) ketchup
· 3/4 cup (175 ml) lager beer
· 1/2 cup (125 ml) molasses
· 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple cider vinegar
· 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar, packed
· 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
· 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
· 1 tbsp (15 ml) cayenne
· 1 tbsp (15 ml) smoked paprika
In a small bowl, stir together mustard powder and water until smooth. Set aside
In a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook stirring until softened but not browned 5 - 7 minutes. Add garlicand cook stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Whish in remaining ingredients, including prepared mustard. Increase heat to medium- high and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until sauce has reduced to about 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) 50 - 60 minutes. Reduce heat and stir more often toward the end of coking time to prevent sauce from scorching.
Remove saucepan from heat and let sauce cool to room temperature.