- 12 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (or 8 breasts if this your first year on Swank diet--saturated fat value will be lower)
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth (fat free, low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour, optional corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ cup pitted green olives
- Sprinkle chicken thighs evenly with salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of chicken. Cook about 3 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and repeat procedure with remaining chicken. Transfer to slow cooker, and add lemon slices.
- Combine broth, juice, flour and cumin, stirring with a whisk. Pour broth mixture over chicken.
- Top with olives and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.